Friday, March 1, 2013

"If I cannot find the Love of Christ in the worst 'hell', then Jesus is not Lord and I must look for another ...."

Someone wrote:
"If I cannot find the Love of Christ in the worst 'hell', then Jesus is not Lord and I must look for another ....

This is not a 'hell' debate, nor is it about universalism, it is a statement about Jesus being Lord, and if we cannot see Him in our worst of the worst situations that we will ever face, ever, then we are left hopeless, or even worse, we place our hope on someone or something else, and that is possibly why a huge percentage of human beings look to some other leader or guru in our various real or imagined plights ....
And the blind lead the blind ....

If Jesus is Lord, then He is Lord of All, whether of things above or beneath, and of any and every other still unknown dimension ...."
Yes, there is no other Lord except Christ who is in us the hope of glory. Where Christ is, we are, so whether in the best of times (heavenly experience) or in the worst of times (hellish experience), the love of Christ is always with us. This reminds me of psalm 139, which I believe symbolically describes the love of Christ that is ever present, regardless of one's geographic location or state of consciousness.
"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou artthere: if I make my bed in hell (Sheol), behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;"
(Psalm 139:7-9)
Psalm 46 also says Christ is our very present help in times of need, and we can be still and know I Am, so the love of Christ is a present reality. When we practise being in the here and the now, focusing on the in-breaths and out-breaths, we become aware of the love of Christ that is in our breaths. The breath of life is the breath of love, and every moment is the reality of the love of Christ.
"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;"
(Romans 10:8)
Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, just as nothing can separate us from our breath. We and our breath (ruach, prana, qi) are one. Even when we pass on eventually one day, our breath merges with the breath/wind/spirit of the universe - as Jesus said, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit (breath)". Jesus did not cease to exist but become one with the universe in cosmic consciousness. Jesus continues to live with us, among us and as us in spirit and in truth.

Like what the post says, there is no other hope outside of ourselves. Hope is found within us, and we are the Christ whom we seek. Love is where our true home is, and no one can take away our true home, and love is always present with us wherever we go, whether in the best of times or in the worst of times - the love of Christ sees us through every season of our life, never leaving us nor forsaking us because love is one with us.
"Breathing in, I know I'm breathing in.
Breathing out, I know I'm breathing out.
Breathing in, I enjoy my in-breath.
Breathing out, I enjoy my out-breath."

Breathing is enjoyable. Whether we're sitting, standing, or lying down, breathing becomes a pleasure because in the breathing there is peace."

~ Thich Nhat Hanh (From "Together We Are One")

No comments:

Post a Comment