Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our inner child

In my soul, I am still that small child who did not care about anything else but the beautiful colors of a rainbow. ~Papiha Ghosh

Yes, I too believe there is an inner child in every one of us, longing to be free again and enjoy relishing the wonders of creation, such as the colours of a rainbow, all over again. Perhaps in the eyes of society, we may look strange if we were to stop by in the middle of a busy street and gaze at the sky. I was wondering to myself about that sometimes when I was walking towards the bus stop after work, and the evening sky with the setting sun caught my attention, and I stopped in my tracks to take photos of the scenic sky with my hand phone camera. It can feel awkward especially when people are passing by and they might be wondering what is this grown up man in his office attire standing and looking at the sky. After all, clouds are clouds and the sun is there all the time. Surely it is not the first time this gentleman has seen the sun in his life, they may be thinking. After all, to some of them, they probably prefer to dwell on "grown up stuff" such as buying property, investing in shares, and keeping up with the Jones and the Lims and the Ramasamys in terms of social status and so on. But there is an inner child in every one of us, and how wonderful it is to appreciate the beauty of Nature anew. In that moment, time stands still and we experience eternal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment