Thursday, July 26, 2012

Truth is an outsider - Mick Mooney

"Truth, I have discovered, is an outsider.

If you want it, you’ll never be allowed to remain in the circles of main stream acceptance; like Jesus, truth isn’t accepted in religious circles.

I tried to make it work, to find a middle ground, we all do.

But there came a point when I simply stopped understanding the religious mind.

It is a strange thing, because that was my mind for so long, but I can’t sympathise with it any longer; I want no part of it.

And I am not alone.

I’ve become part of a band of rebels who have found each other along the path of honesty.

We’re not considered rebels because we are looking for a fight; we are rebels because we openly reject the cry of religion, demanding we return to captivity."

- excerpt from Losing The Christian Economy: Confessions Of An Ex-SuperPastor

Yes, the moment we decide to be intellectually honest and seek the truth that sets us free, we will not find ourselves remaining in the circles of mainstream acceptance. We have become rebels, so to speak, who have found company with those who are also seeking freedom from the religious mindset. For me, I no longer find any resonance with the church mindset of "saved" versus "unsaved", for example, so being away from the institutional church system and feeding on my own through inspirational pages on facebook (as well as nuggets shared by my beloved) has helped keep my spirit buoyant.

No comments:

Post a Comment