Monday, June 11, 2012

Spiritual interpretation of the scripture


Any god whether it be a Yahweh, an Allah, a Jesus, a Mother, or a Father is a manifestation of the subconscious mind to establish security in a perceived 'unsettling' world. I am Yahweh, the God-Man standing, Allah is my anatomy (Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head), Jesus is my Self-deliverance from Sin (ie, the lower nature). My brain is Mother and Father (Right and left); the Mother being my creative nature; the Father being my analytical mind. It's all me playing 'hide-and-go-seek' on myself. — with Silas Rodriguez.
I agree with my best friend on the spiritual interpretation of the passage from the scripture about "honouring one's father and mother, that it may go well with you" that it is actually about honouring both sides of our brain - the creativity and intuitive aspect as well as the logical and analytical aspect of our brain. Indeed, the letter (literal interpretation) kills (or condemns), but the Spirit (metaphysical interpretation) gives life.

On a similar note, it occurred to me recently that the passage in 1 Corinthians about honouring God in our body and in our spirit is meant to be interpreted spiritually as well. Committing spiritual adultery is to be under the law (system of do's and don'ts). Hence, we are exhorted to stay under grace and be attuned to our true identity in Christ, that is not attached to any label or false identity such as prostitutes or murderers. Our true identity is divine unconditional Love, which is eternal and will never change. Yes, it is interesting to see scriptures in a new light that brings freedom, hope and life into our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment